Drill or not .... and where I drill!!

I seem to be running across this type of damage more and more. Someone with half a brain ruins a Schlage combo on the front door of a bank repo and replaces it with a cheaper lock.

Mind you I use these locks on repos myself, I just try to find a less expensive way to get into the house. This house having a side garage door with a Kwikset combo. Here is from $80.00 to $120 worth of locks.




This guy really knew a thing or two about locks. He took a deadbolt from the security door and put it in place of the Schlage on the main entrance door without the latch, then installed this knob in place of the Schlage knob.





I noticed the matching Kwikset knob was still on the security door so I opened the Nu-Set lock, re-keyed the Kwikset knob and the dead bolt and replaced it with the one matching the dead bolt. I did have the latch for the deadbolt in the van so I installed it then the dead bolt.

This house wasn't too secure because the garage exit door had not been changed or re-keyed!!!




No comments: